Guarantees and return
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SET FORTH HEREIN, PRODUCTS ARE SOLD ONLY WITH THE [1-YEAR] LIMITED WARRANTY DESCRIBED IN THIS SECTION. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED HEREIN, CALLIGARIS HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. CALLIGARIS PERSONNEL ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ALTER THESE WARRANTIES.
Calligaris warranties its products are free from material defects in materials and workmanship and defects caused by transportation and assembly when such services are included in the Contract, excluding the specific limitations set forth below for a period of one (1) year from the date the products are delivered to the customer. Defects caused to the product by transport or incorrect assembly, where these have not been included in the Contract, are expressly excluded from this limited warranty. Any alteration by customer of goods sold shall render this warranty void. [This warranty shall not apply to clearance merchandise and to products sold “as-is”].
The limited warranty applies to products purchased by customers that show a lack of conformity.
Products show a lack of conformity when:
- they are not fit for the purposes for which goods of the same type are normally used;
- they do not comply with the description given by Calligaris and possess the qualities of the goods which Calligaris has represented to the customer;
- they do not show the quality and performance which are normal in goods of the same type and which the customer can reasonably expect, given the nature of the goods and taking into account any public statements on the specific characteristics of the goods made about them by Calligaris, Calligaris or its representatives, particularly in advertising or on labeling;
- they are not fit for any particular purposes for which the customer requires them, and which were made known to Calligaris at the time of conclusion of the Contract and which Calligaris has accepted.
The warranty applies only to the customer and does not apply to damages, defects, failure or loss that result from:
- Natural wear and tear of the products, movable parts, or covering materials (such as casters, applied materials, lacquered surfaces, veneers, glass, marble, stone);
- Accident, misuse, abuse, neglect, unusual physical stress, improper operation, maintenance, handling, installation, assembly, non-compliance with the general instructions of normal use, and exposure to extreme environmental conditions (e.g., climate, humidity, chemicals) or conditions beyond performance and design specifications;
- Careless use or inexpert or unauthorized maintenance, repair, cleaning or care contrary to Calligaris’s maintenance instructions;
- Materials supplied by customer, modifications to the product or changes in construction requested by customer or alterations of the products (including, but not limited to purchaser-applied finishes);
- Use of sharp objects (e.g., writing tools) on the surface of the products; and
- An act of God, fire, earthquake, flood, high wind, war, strikes or other causes beyond Calligaris’s reasonable control.
If customer believes the product purchased is defective and meets the terms of this limited warranty, he/she can open a ticket by contacting the Calligaris local store by email (found on the purchase order), providing the order number and describing the issues with the product(s) (including pictures and/or videos, as needed).
If Calligaris or its authorized representative (i.e., local dealer), after reasonable inspection, deems a product defective as a result of a defect in materials or workmanship or due to transportation or assembly (if applicable), Calligaris, in its sole option, shall repair or replace, subject to availability of replacement materials or products, the defective product at no cost to the customer. If identical materials are not available at the time of repair or replacement, Calligaris will replace the product with a product which is similar in function and quality; in such event, the customer may refuse the replacement, and Calligaris will refund the amounts paid by the customer. If the replacement or repair of the product is impracticable, Calligaris will either refund the price paid for the product (provided that the product is delivered back to Calligaris) or grant a price reduction, at Calligaris’s option. Please note that the warranty covers only products that have been purchased online directly from Calligaris and does not extend to products that the Customer has purchased from a subsequent owner/retailer.
If the product’s repair and/or replacement do not meet the warranty terms and conditions, the customer will receive a quote to repair the product, if the same can be repaired.
Calligaris may change the terms or availability of this limited warranty at any time at Calligaris’s sole discretion without prior notice, but such changes will not apply to any products purchased prior to the effective date of such change.
The customer must carefully study and retain the use and maintenance instructions provided with the product before its use.
After-sale technical assistance
The technical assistance service for Calligaris’s products is provided by an extensive network of authorized stores available throughout the country. Customers can find information on technical assistance reference on the order confirmation. Please keep a copy of the order together with the product’s instructions.