1. How to keep the beauty of leather or regenerated leather products unchanged.
The beauty of your products in genuine or regenerated leather will remain unchanged if you follow these instructions:
- Remove dust regularly using a clean, dry and soft cloth;
- Keep the product away from the heat (for example radiators or stoves);
- Keep the product away from direct sunlight or strong artificial lights;
- Products in regenerated leather should not be used outdoors or in areas close to open air, because this material must be kept dry and away from damp.
- Possible marks in leather, imperfections, grain variations, slightly different colour compared to the samples will not be considered as defects, but should be appreciated as characteristics of the natural genuine leather.
2. How to remove stains from genuine or regenerated leather products
- Act quickly, so as to avoid as much as possible that the stains penetrate.
- Do not use solvents or abrasive substances.
- For stains caused by substances soluble in water (soft drinks, coffee, wine, etc.) immediately remove the liquid from the surface using a dry cloth or absorbent paper.
- To remove the remaining stains, use specific detergents suitable for leather that you can buy in any shop and follow the indicated instructions.
Otherwise you can use a damp cloth and a solution made of cold water and a limited quantity of mild soap.
- Clean the stain working from the outside into the center, do not press hard or rub, then carefully dry the surface with a clean cloth or absorbent paper.
Repeat the treatment if necessary.
- To remove grease stains such as oil, chocolate, salad dressing, mayonnaise, snacks, cosmetics, etc.) you should follow these 2 steps:
a) use a spatula or a tea spoon to scrape off any excess, but avoid scrubbing the leather;
b) Gently and repeatedly blot the stain with absorbent paper or spread talcum powder working from the outside into the center, do not press hard on the stain, otherwise it will penetrate leather pores. Always use specific detergents suitable for leather that you can buy in any shop and follow the indicated instructions.
- To remove dried stains: gently rub the surface using a soft brush.
- Should you need more information, please contact your local dry cleaner.